Friday, September 25, 2009

Here in Wynialand

It is a strange thing that has happened to me in recent weeks. I seem to find myself referring to my family in strange ways. For example, "the Wynia's don't do that," or "here in the Wynia house," or maybe even "I need all of the Wynia's to come upstairs." I know that I have used these phrases occasionally over the years, but it seems to be happening ALL OF THE TIME. At family home evening I think I referred to "the Wynia's" maybe 8 times. We truely are a crew and I love it. Upon reflection the phrase that I like the best is, "that is not something that the Wynia's do." I use that a lot with the children and I think that it is teaching them our family rules, code of, or ethics. Is it working? Who knows. Just a thought that I had run through my head and I wanted to share. It could be a phase, but as I unpacked our "Wynia, families are forever" sign the other day it just struck me. We are the Wynia family, a really wonderful family. And I am grateful for that.

1 comment:

Jasey said...

You are kidding me....potty training and you think he has it??? Let me in on the secret I have tried twice. Maybe tomorrow or Friday we could get together.