Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Day Away

We escaped for a day last week and went fishing up in Red Lodge with Josh's fam. We had wanted to camp with them but Josh had to work and we were sure glad we didn't because from what I heard it was C O L D!!! And who really wants to go camping with three little rascals and a teething baby, oh wait.... I DO! Next year, next year, at least that is what I keep telling myself. As we hiked into Greenough Lake Ethan stopped and exclaimed. MOM DAD A BEAR!!!! We looked over to find one strange looking bear WAY too close to us. This moose was CRAZY! It was just walking along and when we got all settled on down the lake he came up over the ridge and walked right by all of the people that were there (and there were quite a few) He wasn't fazed a bit. I on the other hand would have picked up my kids and gotten the heck out of there if I had been on that side of the lake instead of getting out the cameras.
Kendra wasn't quite sure what to do with herself, it took her awhile to decide that she wanted to try and catch a fish, but eventually she caught a couple.Preston did what Preston does best. Get into things. He was super dirty by the time we got home.
Her cheesy grin at the picnic table.
Preston is working on growing some facial hair.
I caught Josh mid-bite. The best part was that he and Aubrey are making th exact same face. She was a little cold up there so she fussed a little but I think that she was glad to be getting some fresh air.
Little boys and water... do I need to say anything else?
Labs and water...Do I need to say anything else?
Josh tried and tried to catch a fish and they kept nibbling but he couldn't hook a single one! Then he traded poles with his little sister Beth and caught like five in a row. I would have to say that her pole was the lucky one.
All set for the hike in. Wearing that thing is never very flattering, but it sure makes carrying her much easier. We had a great time and it was definitely worth it. I just felt a tad bit guilty when Ethan was saying his prayers that night and said "thank you that we could skip church today and go to Red Lodge." Opps, I guess that is what we get.

No comments: