Saturday, October 3, 2009

We Did It

This little guy is officially POTTY TRAINED! I can't believe it. I just keep telling myself that it isn't possible but yes, he is! I woke up Tuesday morning with the thought, "today is the day that I am going to potty train Preston." I have no idea where it came from but it was as clear as day. So I got the kids off to school and stripped my little guy down to his t-shirt. After his first accident I knew that we could do it. He stopped and said OH! BEFORE the flow started. That is when I knew that he could tell what was going on. I tried to get him to sit on the potty and nothing. In fact we had one more accident and so finally I got out the potty chair, took Preston downstairs and told him he could sit on his chair while he watched cartoons. I went down to check on him a little bit later (with the intent of making him sit on his potty) and lo and behold there was a suprize waiting for me. He had peed all by himself. And that is what we did for the next four days. He got to hang out watching cartoons with his handy potty chair right next to him drinking all of the juice he wanted. And he would go potty whenever he felt the need.

Preston is very independent and once I realized that he COULD do it, I left it up to him to make it happen. The first day I kept telling him how proud I was of him, especially after he pooped in the potty all by himself! The next day I was buckling him into his carseat and he had just gone potty, he looked up at me and said "your proud of me mommy." I just wanted to squeeze him! How sweet, and I am VERY proud of him. He turns three on December 30 so that means he will be a sunbeam come the first of the year. A very YOUNG sunbeam and I have been really worried about that. But now we have one big hurdle down, YEA!!!

This lttle girl is working on her first tooth, actually her first four teeth. She has learned about cameras and that bright light that they make. She started squinting when that orange light comes on. Me niece Presleigh dd the same thing and I thought it was so cute! A little hard to get a good picture, but still cute.
Here is Ethan all ready for for the primary program. Ethan had a super long scripture and almost completely memorized it, Josh and I were very impressed. Ethan had two other members of his primary class in his Kindergarten class and they had an awesome teacher. Well the little girl that is in Ethan's primary class invited Mrs. Shull (their teacher) to come to the primary program and she did! Ethan was so excited to have her there, it made it very special and we were glad that Mrs. Shull agreed to come and see these cute little kiddos.

I broke down and finally had to go and buy Kendra some clothes for school. You know when dad says something that maybe it is time to go. Kendra is at a really hard stage for clothes right now. I just never know what to buy her, so we got some trendy outfits and then some things that I picked out. :)
Preston is so sweet! I turned the camera around to take some pictures of the two of us and he thought that was the coolest thing, too bad he just kept watching me instead of the camera!

3 comments:

Tora Family said...

Yeah for potty-training! You have such cute kids!

Amy and Wayne Taylor said...

Yay, I'm so happy for you and little preston. Aubrey is looking so stinking cute these days. We miss you guys and wish we could come visit.

p.s. Love the ties!!!!

Daniel -n- Teri said...

Yea Preston!! What a hurdle Kim...I'm always relieved when my children are potty trained. Your blog is WAY cute and I've had lots of fun getting to know you :)