Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back to School

Do you ever get so far behind blogging that you just keep putting it off because it seems like an insurmountable obstacle? Well that is me.... But here it goes, I am sure that I will miss tons of what I wanted to post but oh well.

Yesterday Josh left for a sales trip down to Utah, he got to each lunch at Wingers in Idaho and then he got Cheesecake Factory in Salt Lake and all paid for by his company too. He also has Cafe Rio on the menu multiple times over the next four days. I am totally jealous I think that I love to travel just so that I can hit up all of my favorite restaurants. I LOVE eating out and that love has been known to bust our budget once or twice, but I have been much better about it over the last few years, probably has something to do with the FOUR children I have to wrestle. It just doesn't seem quite so enjoyable when mom and dad are tag teaming trips to the bathroom or taking unruly children to the car. Anyways, he is gone until Thursday afternoon and I get to play single mom. I have been able to get quite a bit done and hopefully can get everything checked off of my list before he gets home. We miss him tons and can't wait for him to get home. I just love this picture of him and Aubrey!
I went to visit with an advisor at the college yesterday and looks like I will be enrolling for spring semester. One of these days I will get my degree finished. I will have one class and one lab on campus and then the rest I will be able to do online so that is perfect. My second semster should be easy like that too. If everything goes right I will be getting TAA benefits that will pay for my tuition over the next two years. I won't be getting the particular degree that I want but it is a huge stepping stone in the right direction and I can't argue with free schooling. Kendra was concerned when I told her how my meeting went. She asked who would watch her, Ethan answered right away, "we will be in school." He is a sharp boy and Kendra is always quite concerned with her well-being, like I am going to leave her to fend for herself and siblings.

We had a great Thanksgiving with some AMAZING food! It was definitely one of the yummiest Thanksgivings in my book. Friday I hit up the stores at the break of dawn to get some doorbusters that were on my list. I was able to get almost everything that I had on my list and I survived. It was my first time going out so early with the intent of snagging something that is hard to come by, but I managed to get my cricut and didn't have to throw any elbows in wal-mart to get it. I love it so much! I am not really supposed to be using it until Christmas but I have a few Christmas gifts to complete with it so I just HAD to get it out. What an awesome machine! My project list just grows with each passing day, I probably won't leave my craft room after Christmas comes.

My little sister Julie and her husband traveled to Montana for Christmas and on Saturday when we were saying our goodbyes Kendra goes, "Dang it! Next time I am going to have to Bust Out my camera and take a bunch of pictures." I was cracking up on the inside. She is so big sometimes, I have to remind myself that she is only 8 years old. You think that they quit saying funny things after they are in school, but I don't think it ever ends.

Aubrey is walking like a pro and always tries to walk first and then when she falls she just crawls to where she was trying to go. Preston and Ethan went with their dad on Saturday and got haircuts. I just had them trim Preston's curls so that they weren't so long and we could see his eyes. I was really nervous but when Josh brought them home they all looked very handsome. Preston and I are sick right now with a yucky chest cold, but we are surviving and hoping that it starts to get better sometime soon.

This is Aubrey's friend Isabelle. She turned one in the middle of November and we went over to her house to help her celebrate. She got these cute little twin dolls for her birthday and Aubrey was quite intrigued with them. I forget about the whole doll and pink thing, it has just been too long, but at least now I know what to get Aubrey for her first birthday. I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving too!

2 comments:

Daniel -n- Teri said...

I hear ya on the going out to eat Kim! We love to go out, especially Cafe Rio!! Hang in there this week and maybe you can show me how to work my cricut ;)

Emily said...

So what are the TAA benefits? You won't have to pay for your schooling? I really want to finish my degree someday, but REALLY don't want to get loans. So, you'll have to fill me in on what you are doing! Good luck... your a great example!