Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Is There Something Wrong With Me?

I have yet to really feel the Christmas spirit this season. Yes, I have started my christmas shopping, I have been to the mall and I have even put up my tree. All of these things usually work for me but something just isn't there yet. Is there something wrong with me? We are going to try and go up to the heights and visit their "Night in Bethleham" and I am praying that it will give me a quick swift in the bum to help me get with the program.

Josh and I watched the movie, "Four Christmases" last week and really enjoyed it. It kinda reminded us of our holidays, three christmases with family and then the fourth one being the one at home that we are always trying to squeeze in somehow. Then we also throw in two birthdays so you get the picture. This year my family is all going down to California for Christmas. I am bummed that we will not be there and be able to see everyone, things just won't be the same. But I have no desire to travel at Christmas!!!!! I just can't imagine packing up all the presents and driving for a full day and the drive home would be the worst when you have nothing to look forward to. When I was little we did it all of the time at Christmas, Easter, and during the summer too sometimes. Sometimes my dad wouldn't even come with us at Christmas. I just can't imagine Josh not being with the kids at Christmas, what fun would that be? So this year we are having Josh's dad over to our house on Christmas Eve and I am so excited! I can't imagine not even having to leave my own house on Christmas Eve, that has never happened before for my children. I am going to cook this ginormous turkey that Josh got from his company and the kids are going to act out the nativity YEA!!!

Growing up Christmas Eve was always the big thing in our house because my older brother and sister would go to their dad's on Christmas day. Santa would often come early on christmas eve, knocking on the door and leaving the presents on the doorstep or magically coming while we were out looking at Christmas lights. So my best memories are of Christmas Eve and I can't wait to be able to spend it at my house!!! Hopefully soon I will be humming Christmas carols and enjoying the snow outside and lighting my christmas tree scented candle and maybe even make some sugar cookies and build a gingerbread house. Somehow I just don't see it happening this year.

No comments: