Monday, November 23, 2009

My little beastie!

Preston has finally taken quite the liking to his baby sister. He gets excited when he hears her wake up from her nap and loves to play with her. He tells me, "mom, I go and get her" and if I follow him he says "NO, you stay there!" He says the funniest things lately, I really need to be writing them down, but that doesn't even capture it. He is really growing up I am not sure if I am ready for that. Preston is SO independent, he always has been too! He started feeding himself and using utensils before he was a year old. He always wants to do everything himself and lately that has included making himself lunch. The other day Preston went in to meet Aubrey when she had woken up and they were playing so nicely. I was in my craft room right next door and I could here Aubrey belly laughing and Preston was jumping and throwing things and laughing. He was getting a kick out of making her laugh. Finally I went in there and this is what I found. He was throwing everything that he could find into the crib and then climbing in with her to play.


Preston is like the energizer bunny, he just goes and goes. I believe this picture was taken Halloween night after we had all come in and were sorting our candy, he just crashed. The nice thing about having such an active child is that he sleeps wonderfully!

Last Saturday morning I went downstairs to see what the kids were up to and I found this next to the TV. Apparently Preston was hungry and instead of asking for something to eat he took care of it himself. Cheese must have been sounding like a yummy breakfast so he just started munching on the ENTIRE block of it. The best part was that Kendra an Ethan were sitting down there with him and knew what he was doing but didn't bother to try and stop it or tell Josh or I. When I saw it I just ran back upstairs to show Josh laughing the entire time. Sometimes you just can't get mad!


Although Preston tries my patience, he is so sweet and I love him so much. He keeps things interesting and light hearted around here. He has been the family clown from the very beginning and I am thankful that Heavenly Father blessed our family with such a happy child.

No comments: