Monday, December 21, 2009

Today is Kendra's birthday. I am a little stunned, where have the last nine years gone and why can't I remember every day of them. It frustrates me that I can't remember all of the details that I wanted to remember. I look back and wish that I had been better about keeping my journal updated, I am sure that it would have been very insightful. Especially now that we are raising another Kendra (Aubrey.) The other day I was giving Aubrey some animal crackers and she got so excited after I put one in her hand. Then she just waited and looked at me. So I grabbed another animal cracker and put it in her other hand. She practically squeeled in delight and then walked off to enjoy her treat. Kendra did the exact same thing. She was an eater (and still is) and when you gave her food she wanted it in both of her adorable little hands and wouldn't leave you alone until those fists were full.
Preston has been having a blast in this box lately. He gets himself in it and then tries to put his blanket over the top. As a sidenote here, our TV isn't working. There is something wrong with the power something or other, who knows. But I have loved not having a TV. If I could convince Josh we wouldn't even get it fixed. But he isn't buying it. In the meantime my kids have been enjoying one another and playing a lot of games. My house is even messier than normal if you can believe that one though.


Last weekend we had christmas at my mother's house since my dad and her flew off to cali for christmas. We had some very yummy soup and opened lots of preseants, I felt completely spoiled this year, and Josh got a new winter coat!!! Everyone then played a new game that Devin brought over called quelf, I was busy attending to a not so happy baby, but it sounded like they had a blast.


Kendra is a great big sister and she amazes me at what a good helper she is. She rarely complains and does a great job at keeping Preston and Aubrey entertained.

Aubrey got this new hat and gloves from my mom for Christmas, they are so stinkin cute. She is always taking her hat off and I have to just keep putting it back on her, over and over and over again. But I know that she will eventually learn that it is a battle that she won't win. I remember it taking Kendra at least a month to learn, but after that I didn't have to worry about hats anymore.

We stopped and got some yummy frozen yogurt at Costco the other night and Aubrey LOVED it! That girl can eat!

2 comments:

Amy and Wayne Taylor said...

Happy Birthday to Kendra! Wish you were here to celebrate! We are missing you a lot these days!

Unknown said...

Kids looked so mischievous and notorious in all the pictures shared in this post.
turkey holidays