Thursday, February 19, 2009

An Entire Week

I can't belive that Aubrey has already been here for a whole week, time has just flown by. I keep waiting for her to really wake up and find her voice, but she hasn't quite gotten there yet. She is still in the brand new baby stage and mostly just sleeps, eats, and poops. I have to say that this is just about my favorite stage though, you just can't beat a newborn baby. They just let you love on them and hold them and they never complain. Aubrey has been just about perfect and has even been on a wonderful schedule, I always know when she is going to be awake and when she will want to eat, it has been wonderful. Here is a little more about our week in pictures. Doesn't she have a lot of hair? This picture doesn't even do her hair justice, I am sure that she will eventually loose it but for now she has a bunch of dark hair. Aubrey got her first (sponge)bath at home and she absolutely loved it, she didn't make a single noise the whole time. And when I washed her hair I could just tell that she was loving it. Preston even helped me wash her hair and he thought it was just about the coolest thing.
This is her right after her bath, she is definitely wide awake. Like I said she was way into her bath, she didn't want to miss a thing.One night her little fingers found their way into her mouth. She absolutely loves to suck and takes a gumdrop binky wonderfully. I hope that it lasts because I love binkys, Preston wouldn't take one and sucked his thumb instead and that was hard enough, I don't know what I would do if they wouldn't suck on something. I even read last week that taking a pacifier reduces SIDS, heck, I just love them because it is easier on me :)Here I am with my two babies. Preston has definitely been adjusting, poor guy. He has had some tough days but I am hoping that he is getting better. Preston and Aubrey are just barely over two years apart and that is the closest of my kids and let me tell you it is difficult. I don't know how those moms do it that have their kids so close, my Heavenly Father must have known that I couldn't handle it because WOW! I think that it makes a difference that Preston is a boy too because I know that Kendra at two was much more developmentally mature than Preston is right now so that makes it hard too. Preston's world has been turned upside down and he is now having to figure everything out all over again.
This is Aubrey right before we came home from the hospital. While we were in the hospital they got super busy and switched me rooms. They moved me into the family suite complete with a queen sized bed. I had no complaints and I slept much better the second night. They even gave me a gift certificate for the gift shop because they felt bad that they had me move. I didn't mind one bit. We went to the Doc on Monday and she has already surpassed her birth weight so she is growing well. I am almost past the yucky, painful part of breastfeeding and am extreamly grateful for that. We have the most wonderful ward and have been getting meals all week and they have been so yummy! Having meals brought in has got to be the most wonderful gift after having a new baby and a whole weeks worth has been heaven, what a difference it has made for me. I am doing well and been sleeping great. We will see if she keeps up this wonderful schedule but for now I am enjoying it.

2 comments:

Amy and Wayne Taylor said...

She's already changed so much. What a sweetie! Glad your doing well.

Kitrina said...

Congrats on the new little girl...she is adorable! Sorry about the email...I totally got it; I am just such a slacker and I have let time get away from me in responding to it! I hope all is well!