Thursday, January 8, 2009

The End is Nigh

Well I went to the doctor on Tuesday and everything looks great, I love my doctor! After feeling my belly he said that the baby felt pretty big and was sitting all catiwhompus (yup that is the word he used and I am sure that I didn't spell it right) Then he measured my belly and said that I was measuring big too! He told me to tell that baby girl to quit growing until she got here and then she could grow all she wanted. So that confirms it everyone, I am officially huge :) Nah, I am not that big and I still feel ok, I have moments when I am miserable but for the most part I am good. My contractions have been coming and going but haven't stuck around to do anything I am sure. We will see at my next appointment when I get my strep B test and he checks me and all that jazz.
Yesterday I finally quit procrastinating and got Preston's room all clean and re-organized to make room for all of baby's stuff. I also got all of the baby clothes, blankets, and burp clothes washed, folded, and put away. I also went and bought the last of the newborn diapers that I should need so I am now feel officially ready. I pulled out the pack-n-play and just need to find the bassinet insert which is a job that I am leaving for Josh because it is burried in storage. My new car seat/stroller combo should be in any day and I am really excited about that. I do have an extra, practically brand new graco car seat if anyone needs it. It is a long story but I do have one and it is in great shape, I only used it for Preston and he wasn't in it for very long because we got him a nice convertible car seat as soon as he could sit up on his own, (I hate carrying around that infant seat.)
Josh has been working hard at his new job and is enjoying it but has been fighting off a stomach bug all week which has made it really hard to stay motivated. He has also been working at the roadhouse at night before classes start. It sounded like a really great plan until this stomach bug hit and now he has been pretty miserable. But he got his Saturday shift covered and we get to go to his new company's holiday dinner at the Petroleum Club this Saturday so that makes it all worth while. I am just excited to go on a date before the baby comes, and one that someone else is paying for makes it even better :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm so anxious for you! And excited to see pics of baby girl! Take care!
~Melissa