Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another Week Down...

Well here is my new Car seat/stroller. Apparently it had been here since Decembe 22 and I just hadn't gotten the message. That shows you how often I check my cell phone, I hate that thing. Oh well, I got it all put together and it is sitting in Preston's room. I think that I might get around to packing the diaper bag and maybe my bag this week. Preston enjoyed getting pushed around in the stroller and I would love an excuse to take it out, but it is just too cold and I am trying to shop as little as possible :) So thank you Stillwater Mine for the wonderful new Car seat/ stroller I would have had to make due with the old one had it not been for the Priority Maternity Care program.
Preston has recently had some major issues when it comes to sleeping. It has been the strangest thing, like someone just flipped a switch in his head and told him that sleeping is the worst possible thing that he could ever do. He has never had a problem with going down before but all of the sudden he kicks and screams and cries and wants you to lie down on the floor next to him or rock him until he actually falls asleep. If we just let him cry he even did this for the first week (see picture below). He would get out of bed and find every possible item in his room that he could lift and carry and bring it in bed with him and then go to sleep. This is how I found his bed after one of his naps, yup he had found room to sleep in this mess and the rest of his room was spotless. He is getting better and I don't mind rocking him, it can just get a little uncomfortable sometimes but hopefully we are getting over this relapse and moving forward.

Preston got some fun things to play with in the bath for Christmas and his birthday and has been having a blast with them. I am not one for bath toys AT ALL!!! I like to keep bath time short, sweet, and to the point. But I gave in a Christmas and got Preston some toddler crayons for bath and then his Aunt Nicole got him a b-ball set that came with bubblebath. I don't remember the last time my kids had actual bubble bath and not just bubbles from the baby wash that last about 3 minutes.


This is Ethan's Santa Clause impression. Well on to the good stuff right? I went to the Doc this morning and am Dialated 2cm so I am on my way! I started having some pretty strong and regular contractions last Thursday so I was hoping that they had done something and they have so I am excited about that. I don't know why I have to have contractions for the last few weeks but it makes things so drawn out. Sometimes I feel like I am just sitting around waiting for the baby and I hate that, so I have been trying to get more done around the house. The doctor said that I can be induced my last week or I can wait, I told him I am not a waiter! After doing this three other times I am sure that a week early will be just fine. Josh, of course, is convinced I won't last that long and the doctor said "probably not" but you never know. I believe I heard the same conversation when I was pregnant with Ethan and I was induced on my Due date with him so.... I won't hold my breath about the baby coming early. Josh is still enjoying his new job and his semester started yestserday. He is feeling super overwhelmed after reading through all of the class outlines so hopefully he can stay organized enough to get through it all. I will keep you all posted if anything changes, my next appointment is already on Monday so it won't be long.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love him nkd on my lap so I could play with his willy while I saw how far up his tight lil ass he could take mine, love secs play with a boy they can't get pregnant, my youngest so far was 3