Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving fun

We had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed some fun times this past weekend. The kids were able to spend some much needed time with their cousins goofing off and being very VERY loud! I am suprised my dad made it through. Amy and her fam came up from Utah along with Julie and her boyfriend. It was nice to have everyone together and we wish that Darren and his fam could have joined us to make it complete, maybe next year. Dinner was delicious and we played Apples to Apples afterward with all of us kids and our spouses. Let's just say that we were actually louder than all of the little kids for a couple of hours. I LOVE THAT GAME!
Josh went out early on Friday and braved the crowds to pick up a few things. He stood in line for an entire hour at Toys R Us! I LOVE YOU JOSHUA!!! Later that day I went out with my Mom and sister to hit up the big sales but only came home with a few things. Amy and I both found some awesome coats at Old Navy for half off but restrained ourselves, I have to say I was pretty proud that I was able to say no. My attitude towards spending is definitely changing, and in a good way. Josh and I were also able to go and see Twilight during the day on Friday and really enjoyed it. Movies that are made from books never live up to expectations but it was still fun to see it and spend time with my Husband. Josh and I couldn't remember the last time the two of us went out to a movie!
We were extra motivated on Saturday and got our Christmas tree up and decorated, that never happens this early but it is up and Preston is LOVING it. He was much better with the tree last year than this. He keeps wanted to touch and play with the ornaments, we will have to see how many casualties we end up with.

No comments: