Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Big Move

I have been a little busy, if you can imagine, packing and getting ready to move. Last night was the grand finale and it was spectacular. I just have to give a big thank you to everyone that came and helped us move. It went SO fast, actually TOO fast if you can believe that. I got home from work and there were already guys there, that is when I knew that I was in for it. They had already filled the first trailer and were starting on the second one. Guys just kept showing up, and we were out of things to move. I was busy trying to pull those odds and ends into the final boxes. (Somehow we had a visit from the box fairy and magically most of my boxes had dissapeared.) My goal was to not have to throw anything into the van at the last minute.... sadly I did not achieve my goal. I did, however, find the hiding spot for my boxes, Josh had riped them and used them as padding while loading the trailer. I guess the blankets that I had left around the house were not quite up to par for the job because they ended up getting thrown into the back of the van. HMMM........... Unloading went well too, it was nice to meet a few new people and visit with some that I hadn't seen in a while.

The beds got put together and we had a place to sleep last night but had to hunt to find the bathroom stuff and food this morning. I did not think that I had so much stuff! The furniture doesn't quite seem to fit in the front room so we are going to have to get creative with that one, it is very frustrating. Today I hope to get the kitchen put together and get through most of the boxes, or at least get the boxes put into the correct room. I think towards the end they just started putting ALL of the boxes in the master bedroom. I am planning on cleaning the old house on Thursday and have my fingers crossed that I will be able to get it all done. You think your house is clean and then once everything is moved out of it the dirty truth is revealed.

So we can now be found on the west end of Billings and we are greatly looking forward to shopping at the wal-mart and target here on this side of town! (NOT) But I did get to leave the house 15 minutes later today and that is awesome!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Glad your move went well what would we do without the elders to help us? I personally hate moving but hopefully your lucky enough not to have to move again in six months. Good Luck with cleaning!

Anonymous said...

At least you had an empty house to clean. We just moved from the house we have been renting for the last two years and then had to clean-up and put back all the stuff of theirs we had been renting. It was a big pain because it never really looked clean. I hope things work well for you in your new place. Are you still thinking of coming to Utah?!?!

The Wynia Family said...

Utah is definitely still on the table. We are going to do the first two years here and then Josh will apply for the engineering programs at BYU, UofU, and Boise state and then we will go from there. I am definitely excited!