Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tragedy

Tonight I learned that one of my friends was killed in a car accident. I am shocked, sad, mad and glad all at the same time. She was young, younger than me and I have known her for about 4 and a half years. She fell asleep at the wheel and hit the guardrail. Those of you that are from Billings that read this will know that there have been so many fatal accidents lately, but hearing about Lyndsey makes it all seem much more real

I worked with Lyndsey at the Roadhouse. She was an original employee like me so we had been together since day one, actually we had both worked at the Cracker Barrel before the Roadhouse but I didn't really know her well over there. Working with someone in a setting like the roadhouse is very intimate, you see a person's biggest faults, the best features, you see how they handle pressure in both positive and negative situations, often times your income can depend on your coworkers. She struggled with life and overcame A LOT of hurdles. For a long time she didn't know what she wanted to do with her life. She took a break from school at the same time I did, only she went back and finished. She was teaching at St. Labre and coaching too. She was so truely happy for once in her life. To hear that her life had been taken was a hard thing for me. I hadn't lost anyone really close to me like that before. Sure I have had grandparents pass away and an uncle and a few others, but for it to be someone that I interacted with on a daily basis for so many years, someone who I spoke with regularly about my goals, my thoughts, my passions it has been hard. I am going to the funeral tomorrow and I hope that it might bring a little more closure, but I just keep thinking that she was so young and had so much left that she wanted to do. I know that she is in a better place, a place were she can be ETERNALLY happy. I miss you Lyndsey and I will be thinking of you often, keep smiling.

No comments: