Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bonfire at "The Farm"

The company that Josh works for held a New Years bonfire on Saturday. The company owns a whole bunch of property and the particular place where they held the bonfire is referred to as "The Farm." When we told the kids that we were going to "the farm" to have a bonfire and they were so excited. Preston couldn't stop talking about the farm all morning long. When it was finally time to get bundled up and go I thought they were going to go crazy. So we headed out to Lockwood and followed a trail back into a secluded area. I was worried that our van was never going to make it out, (our tires are in desperate need of replacing.) But we made it in and out. They had a toasty fire going and roasted hot dogs and then we had s'mores. SO YUMMY! Jim, the owner, had a mule, (like a four-wheeler/golf cart :)) that he brought out and hooked up a basket thingy to it. I have no idea what to call it can ya tell? It is suppossed to be to feed cows I think I heard Jim say. They hauled kids around behind the mule all over the area. Another guy brought his four-wheeler and hooked up a toboggan to it. That one was a little harder to stay on but it seemed like everyone had fun. The kids found a sledding hill and there were sleds and kids flying everywhere. I had my crew to keep track of so that kept me a little occupied and Aubrey wanted to get down the entire time of course! But we had a blast and the kids definitely enjoyed, "the farm." Sorry these pictures are so tiny, Someone from Josh's office sent them and I can't seem to make them any bigger.
Here is Kendra all loaded up in the "basket thingy" :)
Aubrey did pretty good overall, I had expected worse so I have no complaints. She is at a hard age to take to an activity like this because she just wants down and you can't really do that with snow all over and a fire going.
This picture is kind of random but I figured I would include it anyways. There were a lot of people there. It was originally just going to be for the people in the office and their families. There are maybe ten people that work in the office that Josh works in, but somehow drivers ended up coming and then all of their families and then some friends of friends. I don't know how many total there ended up being but they did run out of food!
Wow, a good picture of Josh and I, CRAZY! Josh got a bad headache at the end so we had to make a quick escape but I think that it was just from the campfire because it eased up pretty fast once we got out of the area.

No comments: