Friday, October 30, 2009

Time Flies When You Are Having FUN!

On Tuesday Josh and I had our 9th anniversary. I had big plans to scan some old pictures of us and say all of this cute stuff about how much I love him and how amazing the past nine years have been. But as you can tell, it didn't happen. I believe I spent my day sewing instead. Whoops! So I just want to say that I love my husand. He is amazing, everyday I just stop and marvel at what we have become. We have both changed a lot, getting married at 18 and 20 will do that to you. And I am lucky that we are stronger and more in love now that I ever dreamed possible.

Josh ended up not working that night and Kim's restaurant was open for business (that is what we call leftover night around here.) I grabbed some scrap pieces of paper and wrote down what was on our menu for the night and I acted like I was really their server. The kids LOVE it, and Kendra was giggling the entire time. Last week when Josh was out of town we had corndogs for dinner, don't laugh I know you have done it too when dad is gone. I had some corndogs left and made the mistake of putting them on our "menu." So wouldn't you know the kids all wanted corndogs for dinner, not lasagna, speghetti, or chicken with pinapple and veggies in orange sauce. CORNDOGS! Oh well, I got to enjoy the rest of the chicken while Josh had lasagna. I even let the kids pick their side items and all meals were served with complimentary cottage cheese and water to drink. I told that kids that "Kim's Restaurant" had opened nine years ago and the food gets better every year. They thought that was pretty funny and I even got Josh to laugh.

As some of you might know Josh and I didn't really have a wedding. My dress was a whole $3 off of the clearance rack at Sears, cake was from costco, and our decorations consisted of two HUGE balloons hooked onto a weird contraption, (I am not even going to try and explain.) We always said that we would have a big party when we hit 10 years. THAT IS NEXT YEAR! At first I was all gung ho about it and searched and searched for the perfect dress. Not to wedding dressy but still white and beautiful. I haven't found a dress and my enthusiasm is waning just a tad. We were going to have it at the train depot or some place similar and just have dinner and then cake and dancing. Just celebrate our marriage with our family and friends and have the reception that I never had. Is this silly? I Just thought that I would throw it out there and get some opinions. Josh is up for whatever I decide but I just can't seem to make up my mind.

3 comments:

Daniel -n- Teri said...

Go for it Kim! If you don't, you'll wish you did :) Congrats on the Anniversary! October is a great month to have it ;) I love your "Kim's Restaurant," great times! You guys looked AWESOME last night!!

Jasey said...

I am with Teri... You have to do it. I hope we would be on the guest list too. I hate to miss a good party.

The Call Family said...

I totally think you should do it. I will help get it all together for you guys. You deserve it and it would be a blast!