Monday, October 19, 2009

Here Piggy Piggy!

The Wynia family has been out of commission for a while but I am happy to report that we are all feeling good again. The doctor told us that we had the swine flu but if that was it then I don't see what all the fuss is about. Kendra, Ethan, and I all had a fever for about 24-48 hours and Kendra and Ethan's were easily controlled with tylenol. Then we each felt icky for another day or so and now we are all good. I have a little bit of a lingering cough and if Kendra and Ethan start playing too hard then the cough starts up again. Actually Kendra starts coughing at night. Josh and I are convinced that she forces it. Her cough doesn't sound anything like Ethan's or mine. Has anyone else had a child that insists on coughing all of the time? Kendra always does this, even if she is just a tiny bit sick. It drives Josh and I CRAZY! So yeah, we all survived the swine, no big deal. They had us start treating Preston before he had any symptoms and he never got the fever but does seem to have a little bit of congestion. Here are some before and after pictures of Kendra, she seemed the most sick of us all.
Yes, she is even dramatic about being sick. Ethan wanted to go school after the tylenol kicked in and I had to convince him that even though he felt better he had to stay home. He just complained that he was too bored to stay at home.
Here is Aubrey all dolled up for church last Sunday. I just can't resist taking pictures of this adorable little girl. She finally got two teeth to come through and now is just working on one more it looks like at the moment. She really doesn't like to show anyone, so it is hard to tell. All I know is that she is cranky. I thought that she had an ear infection when we all went to the doctor, but he said her ears were fine. I am usually pretty good about knowing when my kids have ear infections, which isn't very often. But I have been wrong about Aubrey twice, the pediatrician joked that I have lost my touch and need more practice, no thank you!

Ethan is getting much better about picking out his own clothes lately. I am pretty particular about what he wears most of the time, but tried to let go a little this summer and let him wear whatever he wanted. His choice usually consisted of a tee-shirt and mesh shorts which always bugged me but now that it is cooling off he is picking things that mom agrees with again.
Preston is still being a superstar with his potty training and has it mastered. I can take him out in public now without making sure I bring his potty chair with us (he wasn't a fan of full-size toilets for a while) And only seems to have accidents at grandma's house, not quite sure what that one is about. The biggest suprize for me has been that he stays dry during his nap and is almost always dry in the morning. I am a little stunned at that one, he has only had 2 or 3 wet mornings!

Josh did such a good job taking care of us when I wasn't feeling good. His boss sent him home when he heard that we had all been diagnosed with the swine flu but Josh tried to convince him that he needed to stay at work AWAY from the germs. But he ended up coming home and cooked the most amazing chicken noodle soup for us one night for dinner. Thanks Josh!

This little girl has me baffled, I just can't seem to figure her out. For example, one day I will be able to quietly lay her down for her naps and she will just fall asleep on her own and then the next day she freaks out and I have to bounce her, hold her, rock her, anything just to get her to fall asleep when she is obviously tired. Her personality changes faster than I can describe! So that is what we have been up to, if I didn't answer or return phone calls, or if I forgot to do something then I am sorry. I don't get sick very often and it really put a kink in my week!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow your kids are so big! Kendra is such a pretty girl. Glad you all survived the flu we are waiting for it. Hopefully it passes us by. Have you seen or talked to the stewarts by chance I lost contact with them. Anyhow have a great day.

Emily said...

Oh we have a "cougher" in our house too. Evan ALWAYS starts coughing at night or naptime when he is sick with a little cough. But he'll even GAG and then act like he's going to throw up! I guess he's even thrown up a few times with his coughing. I'm convinced it's mostly an act though! Now he'll cough and cry,"I have to go to the sink!" Then he goes in there like he's going to barf, but he just spits over and over. ahahaha

Daniel -n- Teri said...

Gag! I hate it when the germs fly from person to person and it's worse when mom gets sick too! Two thumbs up for Preston...what a champ! Hope you have a better week and are able to get out of the house at least :)

Jacque said...

Hey Kim,
I'm glad I found your blog off of Emily's blog. Cute kids. Your oldest looks like a miniature Kim!! Good to see you survived the piggies! I don't care what it is, it's a pain to deal with sick kids. You did good though.