Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School!!!

I am happy to report that Kendra and Ethan made it to school on time with smiles on their faces and not one single tear was shed! I was so ready for school to start, I wasn't sure I was going to make it. I had never been ready for school like I was this year. If it gets worse every year then I think I will be resorting to summer school. I let the kids pick out their own outfits and Kendra told me, "I need something new because I want to wear something that no one has ever seen me in before." I didn't buy her anything new, but instead she wore something that she had gotten this summer. What a girly girl she is, she always has to be "stylin" as she puts it.
Ethan finally got his hair cut yesterday,( I know completely last minute) and I was asked the question that I had been waiting for. A lady with her perfectly done hair, makeup, and clothes. Along with her two adorable tween children asked me "are they all yours?" She asked very nicely and she wasn't trying to be rude or anything but I just smiled and said yes. As a side note I had not showered and just pulled my hair back, Kendra hadn't combed her hair and Preston's hair was crazy but he was wearing a hat. I figured I would just run into town to do this one thing that I had put off as long as possible. I hadn't anticipated Great Clips to be packed full with people getting back-to-school haircuts. OOPS!!!
Aubrey is sitting up great all on her own and she is trying to crawl. She gets on all fours and starts rocking but just can't get going. She is going to figure it out really soon. She also gets up on her toes and hands and does her own version of push-ups. I LOVE IT! She is still a happy baby, as long as I am around and as long as she is sitting on her own and has something to chew on. I think that her hair is starting to sprout but Josh disagrees.

Preston wanted in the picture too of course. We have really been enjoying our nice quiet day today and it has been filled with a whole lot of nothing. I bathed the little ones, fed them, cleaned up the kids' room a little bit, got Aubrey down for her morning nap and then I sewed a bag. I love school.
Here is Ethan all lined up and ready to go inside. This little girl behind him was already poking at him and trying to get his attention and then would turn around to the girl behind he and snicker. Oh what fun to be a first grader.
Can you see Kendra's massive backpack. They have to bring so much stuff!
They were so ready! I didn't even have to wake them up this morning.
Ethan was excited that he got to wear his new shoes! I had them in my closet for a while and he had put on his old shoes and come down the stairs when I asked him if he wanted to wear his new shoes. I think that made his day. So now we are just waiting to get moved in to our new place and get all settled so that we can enjoy our free time even more.


3 comments:

Emily said...

Isn't it so funny.... all the excitement of wearing new clothes on the first day of school? But, when I was little I don't EVER remember looking at the other kids clothes... I was just worried about MINE! haha
I also know how you feel about going out with all your kids and getting people's "reactions". We know it well too! :)

Amy and Wayne Taylor said...

They are so stinking cute!!! The first day of school was always so much fun!

I think Noah kind of looks a little like Aubrey. Weird huh.

Miss you guys!!

Alyssa said...

OH MY WORD KIM!!!!! SHE IS YOUR TWIN!!! TOO CUTE.