Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Wedding and Some Pictures.

We went down to Utah last weekend for Julie's wedding, we left on Thursday and got home late Sunday. Everything went great and the kids were wonderful until just after we hit the Utah border and then Preston was DONE! He pretty much fussed the rest of the way. We had gotten on the road early (we had hit Laurel by 6:00 am) so we were there nice and early. That night we finally got to try Cafe Rio, which we had been hearing all about for months. It was definitely yummy but I think next time I will try something else. I had the pork, which was delicious, but I like my mexican food to be spicy not sweet.
On Friday I got to do some shopping and we got the church all decorated, IT TOOK FOREVER but it turned out great. If I had to do it all again I could probably do the same thing in less than half the time. We had quite a bit of trial and error. That night we went to a session at the Mt. Timpanogos temple and it was wonderful. I have always wanted to go to that temple, it is one of my most favorites. I'm not sure why but it might be because they were building it when I was in high school. It is definitely beautiful both inside and out. The best part was being there with both Julie and Amy.
We didn't get done at the temple until 10:00 pm and then we loaded everyone up to go to Manti. Paul is from Nephi so he wanted to be sealed in the Manti temple and I don't blame him it is like a majestic castle. Julie and Paul were sealed at noon in the Manti temple and their sealer was a speed racer. He must have known we left 7 little kids with Devin and Garret out on the lawn, well there was a bridesmaid with them. It turned out to be a beautiful day and my arms and the back of my neck even got a little red. The reception was great and everything had stayed in place. My favorite part was that instead of a traditional wedding cake Julie decided to do cupcakes and an ice cream sundae bar. She has always been obsessed with ice cream so she decided to personalize it a little more, and it was a big success. And we got to snack on the leftover toppings on the way home, like gummy bears and M & M's.
On the way home we decided to go through Park City so that we could go to the outlets. It was so much fun! I did early school shopping and found jeans for Kendra, Ethan, and Preston for $8. Shirts for the boys for $2.50 and tons of other great deals including church pants for the boys and dress slacks for Josh, who just happened to ruin his over the weekend. The only bad part was the sales tax, bummer! I don't think that I will ever get used to that, I have been spoiled for too long now. After we were done shopping we had a picnic and let the kids get some wiggles out before loading them up in the van. It took a little while longer going home through Wyoming but it was nice to have some different scenery and to show Josh it wasn't as ugly as he thought it was.
We stopped and ate dinner in Casper. We chose Burger King because it had the biggest play place and we all needed a break. Before we loaded up I put the kiddos in the PJ's so that we wouldn't have to worry about it and they could be comfy. Well Preston's had feet in them so when we left I forget to get his shoes. So his shoes are still at the Burger King in Casper. I hate that!
Monday after we got back we went and got Aubrey's pictures taken. We had been putting it off forever because I wanted to take them all in so that I could get a group picture as well as Aubrey's first pictures. Well that just wasn't happening so I finally just took her in. They turned out great and I am glad to just have it done so that I don't have to worry about it anymore. I had taken all of the other kids in at 10 weeks and got an 11x14 of each of them and had them in matching frames. Well Aubrey didn't make it in until over 14 weeks, you can't tell that much though so I was relieved. I wish I had some pictures of the wedding to show you but my camera wasn't working so I am waiting to get some from Amy. (By the way Amy, Nicole and I were wondering if you could make each of us a CD of the pictures from last weekend we would really appreciate it :) HE HE) The little girls all wore matching orange Tu-Tu's and were super adorable and the boys hade cute orange ties.





3 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun trip. The decorating for the wedding sounds so cool you have post some pictures when you get them. CUte little Aubrey looks just like a Wynia so fun :).

Emily said...

If you want, I can drive down to the Burger King in Casper and see if your son's shoes are still there....HA! Just Kidding!
Aubrey's pictures are WAY cute!

Tora Family said...

Kim -Aubrey is SO cute...I love the last one...her look is priceless! :)