Friday, May 29, 2009

The Hooligans Strike Again

Shortly before I had Aubrey I was out at my mother's house one evening. I stayed very late and when I went to go my father went to start my car. It had been super cold out lately and was well below freezing that night. My dad went out (probably in his sandles and shorts) and when he came back in he said that my car window was broken out. We got it fixed right away and later found out that there had been a number of windows shot out in the neighborhood, some were even house windows. A little while later I found a bullet hole in the roof of the car right behind the rear view mirror. It didn't go all of the way through but that made me mad, a window can be replaced and fixing a spot in the roof is a lot different. I thought we were pretty safe out here in the wood (Briarwood) but I guess you are never compleatly safe.

Anyways, this morning my mom went out to her car and then came back in and said that someone had been in her car and they had left the glove box open. I thought that maybe she had left it open and forgot or maybe my brother devin or my dad had been looking for something and left it open, all very possible scenarios. Then I loaded the kids up to take them to school and saw that my glove box was open with my box of personals pulled out and my CD cubby also opened. "Oh crap" I thought someone really was in our vehicles. I felt kinda violated in a way and wondered how in the world could any one do that when they can see the baby cloths on the floor, a bag full of toys, and beautiful artwork done by Kendra all in the front seat, seems kinda heartless to me. Then remembered... Josh always leaves his wallet in the car. I hate that he does that and I have told him so many MANY times. I looked down in the door compartment only to see nothing! I quickly called Josh to see if maybe, just maybe he had taken it for some reason but nope it was officially stolen!

So the hooligans struck again and this time made off with a driver's lisence, debit card, Social security card, costco card, temple recommend, pictures of our beautiful children, and possibly a gap credit card. We never use it so I can't remember if it was in there or not. Along with a variety of other things. I went directly to the bank and got our debit cards cancelled and there were no charges on our account, thank goodness. He didn't have any regular credit cards in his wallet, thanks to me (he was even just comlaining how I took everything out of his wallet). So I am hoping that this might teach him a lesson, in the meantime I am busy making a bunch of phone calls and getting started on paperwork, UGHHH. And no the car wasn't locked, Josh ushually locks it when he gets home at night but failed to last night.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Thats a bummer about the break in! It really does leave you feeling violated doesn't it? We've got quite a few car break in and even home break in stories!
Growing up, our house was broken into while we were out of town. It was a HORRIBLE feeling knowing that some creep had been in our house. Luckily, they just took cds and video games.
The thing that bothers me the most is that theives have NO regard for how the victims will feel our how it will effect their lives. They have NO feelings for others!!! ARGH!

Amy said...

Oh that stinks! I would also flag his social securtiy number I don't know how you do it but I think you just call the social security office and they will watch for any unusual activity. It's so annoying that people can be so rude and really they are evil.

Jen said...

Sound like you need cousin Dustin to track them down - member same thing happened to us when we were out there, but good ol Dus hunted them boys down and we got everything back and the rest of the neighborhoods stuf too=) Hee hee - guess he's good for somethin! You should make Dev and Josh set a trap for them=)