Monday, June 16, 2008

Daddy

I know that I am a day late, but what the hey. We had a great Father's day! I got up early and made a nice big breakfast. This is pretty much a Sunday tradition in our family, (at least it is when we go to church at 1:00pm.) I let Josh sleep, but Preston woke him up with his wonderful screaming. We played Old Maid with the kids and just enjoyed eachother. After church we had Kevin and Mandy over and we ate a delicious dinner and then played games. Kendra and Ethan hadn't seen their friends Eli and Owen in a very long time and were SO excited. They had a blast and I don't remember any of them crying and I only found about three water spots throughout the house.

Now to talk about my hubby, I am lucky to have a husband that does so much! Josh is a great dad and has come A VERY LONG way in the last 7 1/2 years. Josh is always willing to help me out around the house, he rarely complains, he is a great cook, he is a pretty good Mr. Fix-it. What is really great about Josh is that he understands that his role as a father is the number one job in his entire life. He honors his priesthood and leads our family. He knows that his responsibility is to provide for his family and not just monetarily but is so many other ways. I am eternally thankful to have Josh as the father of my children.

I have to add that I was raised by a great father also! I wish I had a picture of him to put on here, but I don't. When I think of my childhood my memories are filled with thoughts of my family. My mother, my father, my siblings and extended family. My family was the center of my life and always has been. My dad is a great teacher and I distinctly remember many long talks with him. He taught me to work hard, to love the Lord, and to love and cherish my family, he is always encouraging and tries to see things from another's perspective. My dad was gone a lot when I was young, he worked A LOT of hours. But I have never doubted his love for me or how much he always WANTED to be with his children. I know that he worked hard in order to provide for us and he too understands his eternal role as a father.

I am grateful to have two wonderful father's in my life and I thank them for all of the love and support that they give me in ALL that I do.

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Hey Kim - thanks for the comment. I had no idea you had a blog. Glad you wrote me so I could find out. I have added you to ours so I can keep up with your world now. Oh yea, and Preston is your twin!!! Take care!