Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Up to Speed!

So January is quickly coming to an end and I feel like I haven't done anything that I wanted to do. Kendra and Ethan both had Monday off of school due to Martin Luther King day and were chomping at the bit to get back. I clearly remember LOVING school when I was in elementary school. I can't wait for Ethan to start Kindergarten, he is going to be on cloud nine when that day comes. I, on the other hand, will most likely be an emotional train wreck. I am always a mess. HECK I teared up at Kendra's first parent-teacher conference. How embarrassing but I think that I hid it pretty well. PULL IT TOGETHER!

I have now officially read the entire Work and The Glory books! It has taken me about 12-13 years but I did it. Actually I had read the first eight volumes in high school and by the time the ninth one was realeased I had forgotten too much so I couldn't bring myself to read it. So about two years ago I started over and flew through the first five volumes but then hit a snag on book 6. I DIDN'T HAVE IT! I am not a good one to borrow things and I had already spent enough time reading so I just let it die and then around christmas my mom got me the sixth volume in paperback and away I went. I gave in a bought the rest of the series in paperback and last night I turned the final page in the Steed history. I am going to miss not reading more of their story and was left with lots of questions about what happens next. Now I want to go and find a good history book about the first 20 years or so of SLC history. So many things happened and I would love to keep reading about it.

Preston is starting to talk and has a sweet, soft, little voice. It is so precious! He says Hi Daddy or Hi dada. He doesn't say mama yet but we are working on it. He trys but it comes out at "Hi fafa." I LOVE IT! At least I know what he is trying to say. That little boy is so sweet and he is so small too. I'm still not used to having a small child and it is rather nice I want him to stay a baby forever. I could go on and on but I better not. I hope that I will have much more interesting things to share in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim, thank you so much for sending me your blog. Is that right to say? I'm not familiar with blogs even though I hear about them. I wish we all had one. I love reading yours. You are so special and I have known it for years, well, actually since you were born. Could you come get my tax stuff together for me because I hate getting all that stuff together and some is always missing. Then when I finally go to my appt I'm always so surprised that it went so well and it's over for another year. I also loved your comments on the aha moment. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have all of you over for dinner one of these Sundays. I never get to see you or the kids anymore and I get out of church at noon so have time to cook a delicious dinner. Gotta run. I love you. Aunt Colleen