Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Little Sisters


Amy sent me this picture the other day and it got me thinking of my little sisters. I just want to start by saying that I am very blessed to come from a large family with FIVE great Siblings. They are all pretty awesome! But these little sisters...I don't know what it is but they put a smile on my face.


I look back and think of all of the trouble that Amy and I were always getting into. And that is just it, it was always Amy and I. It was never just me or just her, it was US! Like the time we tried to run away and took a bunch of blankets, pillows, food and hid in our fort down in the woods behind the church. Or how about the time when we snuck out to play night games with the neighbors and Devin told on us. How about all of the times when my older brother and two older cousins would clear the furniture out to the edge of the room and then get us to start fighting and wrestling. We were always so super close, even through High school we were friends, we wore each others clothes (sometimes without permission), we hung out with each others friends. I remember playing intermural volleyball with Amy and having a hard time staying on our feet because we were laughing so hard we were the only girls on the team and those boys thought we were absolutely crazy! The rules were that you had to have at least two girls on the court at all times so it was never ending. I guess we did pull it together enough to be the school champions. We almost always shared a room and if we didn't share a room we would talk through the vents to one another. Speaking of vents I remember on cold winter mornings sitting on the heating vents in the front room. There was one on each side of the couch and we would sit on them and put out tee shirts over our legs while we talked and laughed and warmed up. I cherish these memories that I have of Amy and I.


Julie was always the baby sister. Her and Devin were only 18 months apart and so they were always close. She was always just a bit too young to be part of the trouble that Amy and I made. In fact she was usually the one to spoil the fun! I will never forget when she came to get Amy and I from our friend Skye's house and she called out, "Tim Tamy it is Time to Tome home!" It was so cute. She was always so cute! She had a wierd sense of style and sadly I remember Amy and I making fun of it often. Like when she went through the stage of tucking EVERYTHING into her pants. Even if it was a sweater, it didn't matter, it was getting tucked in. I think of how different it would have been if we had each been two years apart instead of three. We could have really reeked havoc! Julie didn't get to hang out with us and she recieved the butt end of the deal, but now I can look at her and I truely love being around her. She has grown into the most beautiful young lady and she is going to make some guy the happiest man in the world someday. She is loving, kind, honest, good with my kids! She is upbeat and willing to do just about anything. I am so glad that now I don't just have Amy to get into trouble with, I have Julie too!


I just want both of my sisters to know how much I love and enjoy them. I am overjoyed at the thought that Amy is now a MOM!!! I know that she will be spectacular and I can't wait to hold that little bundle of joy. Julie, don't ever give up on your goals! You can do anything that you set you mind to, you have a winning personality. I am very jealous that you two are down in Utah TOGETHER! Enjoy it while you can, as we grow and as our families grow we are most likely going to get even more spread out so cherish this special time. I love you guys!


No comments: