Friday, July 16, 2010

A Wedding

In mid-June Josh's step sister got married. It was a beautiful wedding with perfect weather. Kendra was asked to be the flower girl and the dress was to be silver, perferably with a blue sash. I am all about the colored flower girl dress, especially when the little girl is over the age of five. And Kendra has always been a little more on the mature side. I think she passed the foofy white dress stage ages ago. Luckily Brittany agreed with me. So the hunt was on and it turned up NOTHING. I even started months in advance! There was nothing out there that fit what we wanted. I had a feeling going into the search that making her dress was an option. Maybe I had been inspired by my sister's fabulous creations for her daughter. It wasn't what I wanted to do but finally I conceded and headed to the fabric store. The dress turned out wonderful and the only complain that I have is that sewing with special occasion fabric is not easy! The kids had fun at the wedding and it was a wonderful way to spend the day. Congrats Brittany and Tyler!The wedding was an afternoon wedding with no dancing so this is the time that we headed home.
And this is what we got from the backseat. The kids had ran and played so hard that they were both out at 6:19. Josh and I almost didn't head over to his dad's for dinner but decided it was just a little too early to let them be out for the night. So we took them home, woke them up, changed their clothes, and then headed over to Kevin and Denise's for some yummy food. Preston and Aubrey eventually woke up and played some more and then slept soundly that night.
Aubrey is finally getting some hair! Something about that magic 18 month mark seems to make my kids sprout their hair.
The flower girl and ring bearer. The wedding was out at Oscar's Park and the ceremony took place right on the river's edge. That place was so cool with old buildings and an old train station building that was transplanted there as the main building. If our anniversary wasn't at the end of October then I would have our party there. But I think this place is definitely suited for spring and summer with a huge wrap around porch, it was tons of fun.
I love how Ethan tries to sneak into every picture!

No comments: