Friday, July 16, 2010

Fourth of July

These are completely out of order but I can't seem to drag them any more. Oh well! I really have to think hard to remember our Fourth of July. A lot has happened since then. Hopefully I will get it all right. It was a Sunday so we went to church and then came home and let the kiddos nap. Fun right? After that we went out to my mom's for a bar-b-que. We actually didn't have any plans until the night before since we hadn't gotten an invite anywhere. We were going to have meatloaf and mashed potatoes but were thankful to be able to go to my mom's. We had some family over there and ate yummy food and I am sure that we played some games, although I can't exactly remember. Afterwards we headed out to Laurel to watch the fireworks display. They kids were so super excited about going to Laurel and had been talking about it for days! It got late and pretty soon they were all ready to go home. At one point I don't think any of our kids were even watching the show. SERIOUSLY! They had been so excited, even Kendra was laying on the blanket not looking. Aubrey was really nervous about all of the noise and the extremely bright lights, but she warmed up a bit and by the end she didn't need to be held or have her ears covered.
This is what Preston did after the fireworks started. He watched them for a little bit but eventually fell asleep in Josh's lap. He fell asleep last year too so we weren't too surprised with this one.
I tried and tried to get a good picture of the fireworks and this is the best one I got...pathetic!
Before the show started we got sprinkled on so we brought our umbrella with us. We thought we were going to get poured on but we were glad we didn't. The whole day wasn't really hot, it was really nice. So here is Julie and Aubrey playing with the Umbrella.
All the girls in the fam. We had more fun getting ready for the show to start than when it actually did.
All those boys!
Mom and Dad, you can see the sprinkles on Josh's sweatshirt.
My precious kiddos
Ethan is such a little model, he can really strike a pose. He put on this little outfit complete with his new aviator sunglasses and came upstairs. I just had to take his picture. He kept posing with super serious faces and I had to talk him into smiling for the camera. He is a hoot! So our forth of July wasn't anything too exciting, fireworks, food, and family. That is what it is all about! It is nice to just relax and appreciate the freedoms that we enjoy and the country that we live in.

No comments: