Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Trip

I know that I already talked about our trip, but I have more to say. It was long...... and I mean really long!!! Kendra and Ethan were superstars though and when we were on the home stretch, right before Bozeman I think, they started playing like this.Preston had finally gotten permission to join them in the back seat, (what a horrible mom I know) and they built themselves a fort. It was too cute. Just outside of Ennis we stopped at a rest stop that is on the river. We played simon says and a few other games and it worked wonderfully at getting some of that pent-up energy out.
These little puppets were a huge hit! I got them at the dollar store before we left and each of them had their own animal. Aubrey and Preston would crack up when I would put them on my hands and use silly voices. Sadly the trip ended with all of the stuffing being pulled out of the pig. I guess Aubrey was done with him.
On the way home we stopped in Reno to get some In-N-Out for lunch while we still could. All of the kiddos LOVED it and no joke, Aubrey finished this bad boy off all by herself along with some fries too. She doesn't normally eat burgers but she really liked In-N-Out, OF COURSE!
Aubrey took good care of her baby doll on the trip and that is how I often got Aubrey to calm down. I would just tell her that her baby was hungry and she needed to give it a bottle. She loves it when I swaddle her babies up in a blanket!
Preston did a lot of this in the car! He was pretty good about falling asleep and staying asleep. Aubrey, on the other hand, would fall asleep and then jerk herself awake after about 30 minutes.
Josh did a lot of this while in the car! He didn't let me drive at all! He never lets me drive, and I don't complain. I definitely don't mind it, I just feel bad that he has to be behind the wheel the whole time.
The kids loved playing at Uncle Darren and Aunt Lizzie's house! Ethan told me that Gavin, "has some sweet toys." They all loved the pool too!
These two cousins are just a few months apart. Sometimes I think that Aubrey looks just like Hadley, it is spooky!
TOO CUTE! They get along really well.
Aubrey got a really nasty eye infection on the trip. It was rather gross. Once I quit messing with it and resigned myself to the fact that she was going to have goobers all over her face it started clearing up. In fact by the time we left it was almost gone and now I think her tear duct may have opened up. I can't tell for sure, but that infection may have fixed the problem. YEA NO SURGERY!
This is my set of twins! They are so sweet and play so well together. Of course they fight and yell at each other and make each other very VERY mad. But for the most part they are best friends and do everything together, I love it. So there is a little more about our trip. I do not suggest taking a 19 hour car ride with an 17 month old baby. It is rough. But you will survive, and so did we. And we miss our family already!

No comments: