Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cursed

Eating spiders or wild mushrooms that land you in the emergency room, coloring on the walls in permanent marker, how about that dirty nasty water that you get when you are scrubbing out the fridge, imagine a child stripping down and then climbing up to the sink to get in it and using it as their own personal bath water. Screaming incessently, not responding to spankings AT ALL, and spending HOURS in their own personal time out chair. These are all stories that I have heard over and over throughout my life. Why did I hear these stories all of the time? Because they were all things about me! My mother raised six children and I have been informed numerous times that I was the biggest handfull (something about that third child!)

When Kendra was little my mother would often say "that is what you get." Since I had been such a crazy little girl then she felt it was only natural that I would have a handful of my own. Kendra really wasn't that bad of a toddler, (Preston has taken that crown), it was the baby months that were tough. I am afraid that her little sister is trying to follow in her footsteps. LITERALLY! Aubrey is officilly walking! She took her first steps (more than two) on Sunday and she is super excited. She loves to walk to Josh or I and she knows that she has just accomplished something big. Kendra first started walking right before she turned nine months and Aubrey will be nine months tomorrow. I think that I have now been punished accordingly for all that I put my mother through as a child. I am glad that she has accomplished this milestone, she could have waited just a few more months though and I would have been just as excited. Sorry that this is sideways, I couldn't figure out how to get it switched so you are going to have to turn your head to enjoy. I apologize!

2 comments:

Johnny and Anny said...

You weren't kidding when you said your kids started to walk early!! I loved the intro to this post...it actually gave me the goosebumps (motherhood is definitely not for wimps, and I shudder at all I put my dear mother thru as a child!). Enjoy your little walker, she's too cute to cause any "real" trouble:).

Patsy said...

You were a busy girl alright but kept us young!! Your kids are so sweet. I can't believe she is already walking. I never see you!!! Love you