Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Love Summer


We have had such a fun time over the last week! I was thinking one day, man I never get anything done and I am home all day, so when the weather got a little warmer and more reliable I decided I would change that. Now I don't get anything done and we are GONE all day :) My friend Mandy filled me in on the summer reading program down at the library and reminded me about the free lunch in the park so we have kept ourselves very busy. It is nice because the house actually stays a little cleaner because they aren't home all day to make messes, and who can argue with free lunch. My favorite part would most likely be having another adult around, it is just nice to be able to talk to a friend. Mandy has been my friend since I was in third grade, you just don't have many friends like that in your life. I am so glad that she and Kevin made the choice to move to Billings when he graduated. We have had some late, but wonderful nights. We have recently been into the Construction Game. But we also play cards, wa-hoo, apples-to-apples, Partini, or whatever strikes our fancy. And laughter is almost guarenteed!!!
This last weekend another friend of mine since third grade came up to Billings for a few days to visit. Mandy, Megan, and I had such a fun time talking, laughing, and just enjoying one another's company. Isn't it the best when you get together with a friend that you haven't seen in years and it is just like nothing ever changed. That is how this weekend was. I moved away from Sheridan at the start of my sophmore year so I missed out on a lot of great memories but the friendships that I had there are some that will last a lifetime. LOVE YOU GUYS! Oh yeah, the picture is of Aubrey and Isabelle, who is Mandy's youngest, they are three months apart. She also has a son that is within a year of Ethan and another one that is within a year of Preston so our kiddos LOVE going to see Kevin and Mandy.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I had an awesome time as well. It was great to meet your kids in person and visit with adults (I often get adult deprived talking only with 5-6 year olds every day or myself during the summer!)