Saturday, May 24, 2008

The dentist

So after ten years I finally got my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday. In high school I was suppossed to get them pulled and then my parents were switching insurance and jobs and then pretty soon I was pregnant and married. After that we were the ones switching insurance and jobs and not having any money. Well we finally bit the bullet and I got them pulled. I did it yesterday because of the holiday weekend so that I would have more time to recouperate without missing work. They put me under and that had to be the greatest thing ever. Even the IV didn't hurt! Every time I have a baby they just about kill my arm and hands trying to get an IV in me. Well apparently the needle was MUCH smaller and I seriously didn't even know that she had put it in. I had a hard time waking up after they were done and I was dizzy most of the day yesterday but the teeth themselves came right out without any problems and I feel pretty good. I thought since we had put this off for so long that they would be bad, but they wern't at all, what a relief! My mom came over last night while Josh worked and that was wonderful. Just having her here helped me a lot and she even cooked, did the dishes, and started laundry for me, I LOVE THAT! Thanks mom! I don't know if it was because Grandma Card was over but the kids were going CRAZY. I don't think I had seen them like that in a long time, but it could also be because of the rain. It has been raining here for about four days and it is suppossed to keep raining for about three more or so. I LOVE IT!!! It is coming at the perfect time of the year too. So we will be busy spending our holiday weekend doing NOTHING and hopefully healing fast!

2 comments:

Amy said...

OUCH! I am glad the recovery is going good you have to take a picture to show us the swollen cheeks that's always the best part j/k. Hope you feel better!

Emily said...

Yeah, I was waiting to see a swollen cheek picture too!
Just be glad the surgery is over and now you won't have to worry about ever having it done again!
Hey, I'm gonna be in Billings for a week or so in June... we should get together... maybe take the kids to the park or something!