Monday, May 31, 2010

Not My Intentions

I just have to say that when I sat down to write my last post I had no intention on getting all sappy. That has been happening a lot to me lately, maybe I am going crazy. Or maybe I just need time to reflect once in a while. Either way, here is a post that is just for fun :)Preston is my little skater dude. Actually I think he is better suited for a surfer dude! He should have been born into a family that lived on the coast. He loves to skateboard and fights with his big brother for the scooter. He asked for a skateboard for Christmas and when he asked the first time Josh and I just looked at eachother and laughed. But he never let it go, when anyone asked him what he wanted he told them a skateboard and a helicopter. (He dreams big I guess)
Don't you just love it when the moment you sit down to do something at the computer the kids' sensor seems to go off and they must come and insist on your attention. Aubrey's sensor is VERY fine tuned! She has even discovered a way to climb up onto the desk and plop herself right on the keyboard. I think she might be giving me a hint!
These two have been playing so well together lately! Once in a while Preston gets a little too dominating and I have to remind him to play nice, but for the most part these two crack me up. I brought the basketball hoop inside the other day and it was a hit. Preston didn't let me take it back outside until I convinced him that it was nice enough out that he could play with it outside again.
Oh my little Kendra! She is so grown up these days. She has been facing problems lately that I distinctly remember going through when I was young. It breaks my heart and on Sunday we had a good cry together. Somehow that seems to make everything better.
I started working out daily about 1 1/2 months ago. I feel amazing, but haven't really lost any weight (which really sucks!) But one evening Josh and I went to the Y together. We dropped all four of our children off at child watch (free daycare at the Y WOO HOO) and had a date on the track. It was super fun, I think I am beginning to get a little addicted to working out. Anyways, I kicked Josh's butt :) That is definitely a first for me and gave me just a little more confidence. After that Josh started working out on his lunch hour whenever he had the chance (I wonder why?) We went on another workout date Saturday morning and he almost caught me this time, I guess I am going to have to step it up a little.

Ethan is in his last week of baseball and this is also their last week of school. I could use another week or two myself. I don't feel ready AT ALL! But I guess I don't have much of a choice and I am sure that we will have a great summer.

No comments: