Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Give Up

I always say that I will do (fill in the blank) as soon as things calm down. I have finally come to the realization that things are never going to calm down for me. This is the life Josh and I chose when we decided that our family wouldn't be complete without four special spirits. A life of sinks full of dirty dishes, bathrooms waiting to be scrubbed, cars that you don't dare let people outside the family see inside, constant going, un-made beds, fridges always in need of milk or eggs, laundry piled precariously high, snotty noses, cries for mommy. It never ends, my list could go on all day long. I get frustrated at my list sometimes and then I see pictures like the one below. And I stop. This is what life is all about, this is why we are here. To be parents, to have a glimmer of insight as to what our Father in Heaven feels for us. I know that being a mom is the greatest job in the entire world. I love my little snotty nosed children and even when my days are filled with what other people would look down on I know I am where my Father wants me to be. Each child of mine is unique and special. Each one makes me smile and laugh in a different way. They also each make me angry and frustrated in their own way too. I am their lifeline, I am the one to nurture them and to help them grow up to be good, contributing citizens. I am there to help them become parents and spouses themselves. We are our children's greatest examples. It is a big job, but I wouldn't want anyone else to do it, these kids need ME! And let's face it, I need them just as much.



No comments: