Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Just Can't Seem to Pull it Together

Every night as I head home from work I tell myself that I am going to blog! Then I get the kids, get home, go to soccer, get dinner, try and get caught up on laundry or dishes, bathe the kids and get them in bed. (Josh is almost always at work) By then I seem to be finding myself completely exhausted! I have even gone to bed as early as 8:30 once this week. I am feeling better and last night I even cleaned the entire kitchen, something I hadn't done in far too long. :) So I am going to recap and hopefully add pictures at some point.

Kendra and Ethan have both started school, HORRAY!!! Last week Ethan's teacher told Josh how smart Ethan is and how great he is doing. I wondered how long it would take before she said something, Ethan was overly prepared for School by his wonderful older sister. That same day Kendra's teacher pulled Josh aside and told him that she had been caught starting her math before the teacher said go. So we had to have the cheating talk with her that night. I will say that I am suprised that Ethan doesn't crash when he gets home at night since they go to school all day every day even in kindergarden, but he is like the energizer bunny, as soon as he gets home he is out the door to play with his friends.

Over labor day we went to Boise Idaho for a visit. We went to the Zoo, the Discovery Center, visited my cousin Rhonda and her family, and saw some friends of ours. Amy and her family also came up from Utah so we got to see them so that was awesome. I also did a bit of shopping. Ok a lot of shopping! We had a really good time and enjoyed the trip. Josh and I each celebrated a birthday while we were on vacation. Man we seem to be getting old, ok not really, but time really does fly by.

Josh started his first full semester back as a college student! It has been a wee bit stressful, but seems to be going good. Josh is still trying to fall into a routine. I told him that probably won't happen until he has finished the first test in each of his classes. I know that is about how long it took for me each semester and after that test you kind of know what to expect and how to best prepare. We are very excited to be starting this part of our lives, even if we are doing it completely backwards from most people.

Kendra and Ethan are both in soccer and have had their first games. Kendra scored a goal in the very beginning of the game and ended the game in tears. I warned the coach that she is a very emotional little girl and that we try to ignore it. Ethan did well and was so fun to watch, at one point he was throwing the ball in from the sidelines and his teamate caught it, TOO FUNNY!

So that is what we have been up to these days. Hope everyone is enjoying the start of their fall as much as we are. Let's just say that my life right now is like a new adventure every day! I guess I should get back to work, my lunch time is over. And maybe tonight will be the night and I can actually post some picutres.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Well seems like life is keeping you way busy! I can't believe Ethan is in Kindergarten crazy how fast they grow. Sounds like your having fun. Have you found out what your having? Tell your family hi for us.

Patsy said...

Sounds like you are a typical working mom... Let me know if you need some help most of my nights are free! Love you