Friday, September 24, 2010

My Baby

Aubrey is full of spunk! She is busy and sweet and trying and wonderful all at once. She is really starting to grow up. I think communicating does that to little ones. Once they start communicating they are no longer babies. She is using new words every day. At night when we kneel down to say prayers with her she has finally started trying to repeat what we say. It seems like this has taken her a long time since she has been folding her arms and "praying" every night for months now. You can't understand a single word that she is saying but she still tries her hardest to repeat what Josh or I say to her.She has curly hair! I can't even believe it but Aubrey has curly hair! I was glad when Preston's hair came in curly and I still just adore his sweet little blond curls but now I have a little girl with curls too! Aubrey has been pretty good about letting my put ponytails in her hair and just smiles and giggles at herself when I stand her on the counter to look in the mirror when I am done. She still has her big blue eyes and we still get comments on them everywhere we go. All four of our kids have blue eyes but something about Aubrey's eyes gets people to stop us where ever we are to tell us what beautiful eyes she has. It is strange.

Yup, this is her playing peek-a-boo with us. She is extremely playful. She loves to laugh and play. The older kids are pretty good about letting her tag along and Aubrey almost always has a baby doll AND doll blanket in her hands.
I took Aubrey to Old Navy to do some shopping for her as it started to get colder around here. She found some boots. Well, I found the boots first and showed them to her and asked her if she liked them. That was a huge mistake! Those pink patent leather boots were on her feet before we left the store and she carried them around and wore them for weeks. She even slept with them! She loves her boots! She gets really excited to put them on and they can take her mood from frustrated and upset to perfectly happy. I am almost in love with the boots as much as she is!

No comments: